Walker Rocks Year Round
Any time of year, Walker County has something on the schedule to keep you rockin‘.
- Shamrock City at Rock City – Special St. Patrick's Day themed programming including bagpipes and drums in traditional kilts, a variety of Irish food is served and something green around every turn, even the waterfall!. (Multiple weekends)
- Earth Dayz at Rock City – Special Earth Day programming including live percussionists, a scavenger hunt, look for “living” trees throughout the park and even learn how to make a sustainable replacement for plastic wrap. (Multiple weekends)
- IRONMAN Chattanooga 70.3 – The bicycle portion of this race traditionally travels through Walker County. This bike course has been voted one of the top 10 courses on both the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 global circuits.
- Southern Blooms Festival at Rock City – Smell the aroma of spring flowers and take some beautiful photos of the gardens’ featured blooms: rhododendron, rose campion, native azalea, petunia and mountain laurel. (Multiple weekends)
- Songwriters Series at McLemore - Offering an intimate evening of music on Lookout Mountain for all individuals who enjoy the gifts of emerging and established singer-songwriters, and those who are fans of great music. (Multiple weekends - runs through November)
- City of LaFayette Honeybee Festival – Come ″beeˮ treated to a full day of live music, special events, arts and craft vendors, honeybee education, and food and fun for the whole family, all to celebrate the honeybee’s role in preserving life on our planet.
- Kensington Rodeo – Wall-to-wall bull riding, break away and other roping events, barrel racing, ″mutton bustingˮ (where youngsters ride sheep), rodeo clowns and more delight the crowds on Labor Day weekend.
- Walker County Ag Festival – Showcasing Walker County’s agricultural heritage in Rock Spring, this event includes blue ribbon contests in baking, canning, quilting, and fruits and vegetables, and local 4-H and FFA members competing in festival animal shows with their rabbits, goats and lambs.
- IRONMAN CHATTANOOGA - The majority of the bike course for the 144.6 mile triathlon comes through Walker County.
- Vintage Market Days – Vendors from all across the U.S. bring their vintage wares to Mountain Cove Farms for a weekend of browsing, buying and appreciating the vintage items our grandparents grew up with.
- Rocktoberfest at Rock City - German-themed harvest festival offering delicious German food and a variety of themed entertainment every Saturday and Sunday.
- Boxcar Pinion Bluegrass Festival – Historic Mountain Cove Farms is the location for this unforgettable 3 days ot bluegrass music and mountains in breathtaking McLemore Cove.
- Enchanted Garden of Lights at Rock City – (starts in mid-November) With over a million sparkling LED lights adorning Lookout Mountain, celebrate the wonder of Christmas and discover the enchantment of Rock City Gardens…in a whole new light! Start at the roundhouse gate entrance to journey down North Pole Highway to see the Nativity Light Story and visit the six uniquely themed realms: Heart of the Mountain, Magic Forest, Arctic Kingdom, North Pole Village, Yule Town and Fairyland Caverns.
Come discover why Walker Rocks.
You won’t forget it.