Stronger Families for a Stronger Georgia. The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) delivers a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency, safety and well-being for all Georgians.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Start your career in public service. DFCS is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Support 3. This position reports to an OFI Supervisor and will be located in Walker County, Rock Spring, GA.
• Applicant must pass the standard agency testing protocol for the position in which they are hired in order to maintain the position.
• Although agency employees are authorized to telework temporarily, employees are subject to be called into the office as needed and upon request.
JOIN OUR TEAM!!!
Pay Grade: E
Under broad supervision, performs a variety of general secretarial, clerical, and administrative support functions/processes or a few specialized or essential clerical functions in support of a unit or office and related personnel. May enter data and/or process documents and records. The work includes operating standard office equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision, the Administrative Support 3:
• Receives and routes telephone communications as required for the county office.
• Provides / coordinates services to clients, families and partners that call the local office.
• Uses Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment to perform daily work assignments.
• Maintains confidential records.
• Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma or GED AND Four years of progressively complex office or administrative experience.
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all the following skills/experience:
• Four (4) years of administrative support experience which involved customer contact/interaction.
• Ability to use customer service skills for active listening and sound judgment.
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment.
For more detailed information about the Georgia Department Human Services
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board (SPB) Rules regarding salary.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: [email protected]
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening, education verification, reference, motor vehicle records, and criminal background checks.
DHS accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DHS will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
As an employee of DHS, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
Click Here for more info.